Chroma Model 6300 series Smart DC Electronic Load System is the state-of-the-art instrument for testing DC power sources and power electronic components. The system is configured by plugging the user selectable load modules into the system mainframe, and operated using the instrument front panel keypads or the remote controlled instructions via GPIB/RS-232 interface. The load modules can be programmed independently for testing multi-output DC/DC power supplies, or in parallel for testing high power application.
The 6300 family offers 4 types of modular loads with power ranging from 60 watts to 300 watts, current setting from 150μA to 60A, and voltage measurement from 0.5mV to 250V. Each load is isolated and floating, programmable in dual current ranges and measuring voltage ranges, and capable of synchronizing interface for master/slave control operation. The load can be operated in constant current, constant resistance,constant voltage, or constant power mode.
The 6300 can simulate a wide range of dynamic loading applications. The loading waveform is user programmable in slew rates, load levels, duration, and conducting voltage. The load can also be controlled via external analog control voltage, or signal generator to simulate specific application requirements. Furthermore, up to 100 sets of system operating status can be stored in battery backup SRAM and recalled instantly for automated testing application.
Real time measurement of voltage, current, and power is integrated in each 6300 load module using 15-bits precision measurement circuit. The user can perform on line voltage measurement and adjustment, or simulate short circuit test using simple front panel keypad operation. Additionally, the load module offers optional noise measurement function capable of detecting 20MHz noise via differential mode input without the need of a scope.
Elements of the Chroma 6000 System:
- 6301 : Mainframe for single Load module
- 6304 : Mainframe for 4 Load modules
- 63006 : Load Module 6A/60V/60W
- 63010 : Load Module 20A/60V/100W
- 63025 : Load Module 10A/250V/250W
- 63030 : Load Module 60A/60V/300W
The 6300 has self diagnosis routine to maintain instrument performance at all time. It is also protected against OPP, OCP, OVP, OTP, and reverse polarity to guarantee quality and reliability for even the most demanding engineering testing and ATE applications.
Each load module uses current close loop design and connects all power MOSFET devices parallelly to insure high accuracy load control with minimum drift of less than 0.15% of the current setting. The FET technology accomplishes minimum input resistance and enables the load to sink high current even at very low voltage. For example, model 63030 is capable of sinking 60A at minimum 1V output, and is well suited for testing the new 3.3V low voltage power supplies. Low voltage operation, down to zero voltage is possible at correspondingly reduced current level.
Features of the Chroma 6000 Series:
- Plug-in electronic load modules in selectable mainframes.
- Parallel load modules up to 2400W for high current and power application.
- Master/Slave interface for synchronizing multiple loads.
- GPIB/RS-232 Interface.
- CC, CR, CV, and CP operation modes.
- Precision loading delivers 150μA resolution.
- Minimize input resistance allowing load to sink high current at low voltage.
- Dynamic loading with speed up to 20kHz
- Real time load simulation and output measurement.
- Store up to 100 sets of front panel input Status for instant recall.
- 15 bits precision voltage and current measurement with multi-range selection.
- Remote sensing capability.
- 20MHz differential mode noise measurement.
- Short circuit test & short current measurement.
Contact TestWorld today for the best price on the Chroma 6300 Series DC Electronic Load System.
Explore Financial options to find a cost management solution best for your company: