Sorensen DCS Applications
The Sorensen DCS 20-60E, 1.2kW Programmable DC Power Supply, 20 Volts, 60 Amps is ideally suited for a wide range of applications requiring DC power in a small form factor. Applications range from manufacturing test and burn-in of automotive components, avionics electronics, telecommunications and consumer products to beam steering, process control and laboratory R&D use.
The Sorensen DCS 20-60E, 1.2kW Programmable DC Power Supply, 20 Volts, 60 Amps is comprised of 1kW, 1.2kW and 3kW programmable power supplies utilizing switchmode technology to achieve high power density in a low profile chassis. The design platform provides a highly reliable power supply for years of constant use. The unique design is available in a variety of maximum voltages from 8V to 600V and maximum currents from 1.7A to 350A with low ripple and noise.
This user-friendly platform can be controlled from the front panel with 10-turn potentiometers to adjust voltage, current and OVP settings. LEDs
indicate over temperature, remote programming, shutdown and overvoltage protection
Remote control options allow full computer control through IEEE-488 (option M9C), LXI Standard Compliant* Ethernet LAN (option M130) or RS-232 (options M9C, M130)
Automotive Component Test
The 16-bit resolution of the Ethernet programming and hardware triggering allows for detailed sequencing associated with battery fluctuation simulation. The tight load regulation capability of this model makes it a superior source for validation and acceptance testing and burn-in of automotive components. The 20V models, in particular, provide a full range of testing to simulate battery conditions. Margin testing of 12V and 14V nominal components, such as electronic control units (ECU) and electromechanical components, is easily achieved.
Rackmount ATE Systems
The high power density of the Sorensen DCS 20-60E, 1.2kW Programmable DC Power Supply, 20 Volts, 60 Amps, 140 Amps makes it ideal for ATE System integration. The wide variety of voltage and current combinations in 1U and 2U heights allows multiple voltage outputs in a small amount of space. The wide variety of control methods possible, allows easy integration into legacy systems as well as high speed systems.
Battery charging requires high accuracy voltage and stable current output for fast bulk and absorption phase charging and high accuracy and stable voltage for float charging to avoid “gassing” the battery. This model provides a high accuracy voltage output to optimize battery
charging. With the remote interface options, the charging process can easily be automated for volume production.)
Features And Benefits of DCS 20-60E :
- Wide Voltage Ranges : 0-20VDC ; current levels 60A
- High power density / low ripple and noise
- High programming resolution with Ethernet interface
- Constant voltage and current mode
- Remote sensing
- Isolated analog control and monitoring (optional)
- East Master/Slave Paralleling with Active Current Sharing
- Selectable remote programming for voltage, current and OVP
- 16 bit programming through LXI -compliant Ethernet LAN / RS-232C (M130)
- 12-bit programming through IEEE-488.2 / RS-232C (Option M9C)Isolated analog programming (Option M51)
- Multichannel slave interface (Option M85 or M131)
- IVI-com driver for M130 option
- Labwindows CVI driver for M9C option
- Labview driver for M9C option